Romar Elevators, a service-disabled veteran owned business, is looking for help. We have been a family owned business since 1984. The opportunities are endless for our company. Our elevator installers/repairer team members travel during the week all over Virginia and parts of North Carolina. All meals and hotels are paid by Romar. You travel in one of our company vehicles. These are the qualities we look for in our team members.
- Exhibit an attitude showing 3 attributes: Humble, Hungry, and People Smart
- Able to read blueprints, drawings, and wiring diagrams.
- Have knowledge of and be able to wire all components of elevator (hall call station, cab operating panel, control panel, disconnects, etc.).
- Able to trouble shoot problems that occur during installation.
- Able to lift heavy material periodically during installation/mobilization.
- Keep work area and work truck clean.
- Be familiar with supplies needed to install or fix an elevator
- Able to evaluate work environment for any safety concerns and be proactive in enforcing safety.
- Must follow all safety guidelines of the company, complete a safety meeting weekly before beginning the work week, and wear all personal protection on jobsites as necessary.
- Be able to read a tape measure, know names of all tools and material.
- Able to plan week, make punch lists and planning lists
- Able to manage personnel to keep them engaged and moving forward.
- Able to teach, mentor and train personnel in elevator install.
- Able to organize tools, truck and job site
- Able to plan ahead needs of job (power, masons, third party work) and coordinate in advance with General Contractor