The ECAD Specialist’s Primary role is to create new PCB/PCBA designs following Design Engineering instructions as well as to maintain existing designs through the ECN process. There is opportunity for expansion of this role to include additional CAD Department functions based on the candidate’s current experience and/or later development.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about this career path and will consider candidates ranging in experience.
• Create PCB/PCBA designs including stack-up, component placement and routing following Design Engineering supplied schematic and guidelines.
• Incorporate change notices (ECN) into existing design documentation and ECAD design files.
• Create PCB/PCBA documentation packages (Gerbers, schematic, fab, assembly drawings, BOMs, pick-and-place); upload and manage documentation packages using company PLM tool.
• Perform Altium and Component Library design-checks; resolve issues/errors.
• Serve as ECAD Librarian interfacing with Component and Design Engineering; create and maintain ECAD component library parts (symbols and footprints) using industry and company standards.
• Interface with suppliers to optimize designs and resolve issues as they relate to the PCB/PCBA.
• Conduct or participate in design reviews.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge or Experience
• Proficient in Altium Designer
• RF/Microwave layout
• Special and controlled impedance routing (microstrip, stripline, coplaner waveguied, differential pairs)
• Power supply/distribution layout and use of power planes
• High-speed digital layout
• PCB thermal transfer techniques and design constraints
• PCB shielding techniques
• PCB stackup definition and associated trade-offs
• PCB mixed signal, multilayer design techniques
• PCB via types (blind, buried, stacked, etc.), their use and associated advantage/cost/complexity
• Indented BOM structure
• Windows-based applications Excel, Word, Access
Enhanced Skills, Knowledge or Experience
• MCAD proficiency specifically AutoDesk Inventor or Solidworks
• ECAD Librarian
• Configuration Management and Change Control
• RF principles as they pertain to PCBA design
• Industry Design Standards – ANSI, IPC
• Component Engineering