IT Support Engineer
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
Compensation: $55,000 to $75,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: 401K, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why Work Here?
“You love IT. You love to grow and learn. You want to be a part of collaborative team that consistently delivers excellence.”
IT Support Engineer - Located in Orlando, FL
We are looking for someone who likes to be challenged. Someone who likes to crush tickets and make clients happy with their amazing talents. Someone who can fix an Outlook issue and "tip-up" a network without batting an eyelash. Someone who is motivated by growing themselves personally and professionally. Someone who is energized and inspired by working with an exceptionally strong technical team.
Some key items before you keep reading:
This is an onsite (office) role
Blacktip is a company with fewer than 100 employees
We are looking for people who know how to do the job (5-7 years). You've touched all the platforms: iOS, macOS, Linux and Windows (client and Server). You can admin Microsoft 365, because to you, it is old hat.
Behavioral Metrics (this is for real)
- You are highly conscientious and sweat the details
- You honestly know how to think critically
- You would rather work alongside others and grow, although you can tackle challenges on your own
- Agile and Kanban methodologies are not foreign to you (if they are, again, we're not interested)
- A college degree is preferred.
- Two or more years of experience if no college degree.
Ideally, you take learning and growing in your career seriously. You spend the extra personal time to be "better than the other guy." Here are some certs we'd like you to have: Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.14 or newer; Cisco Meraki Network Operator (CMNO) or equivalent; Microsoft 365 - MS-900 Fundamentals or higher; JAMF Pro 100 series (you'll impress us if you've passed the 200 or higher)
Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve end-user technical support issues quickly and accurately (a desktop support wizard). You know how to handle escalations with ease.
- Systems Administration in iOS, macOS and Windows mixed environments.
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 administration.
- Understanding and implementation experience of IAM solutions.
- Administration of Cisco Meraki networks (APs, Firewalls, Switches), including general security knowledge.
- Knowledge of principles and methods applied to information technology infrastructure, planning, implementation, and management.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow-up on assignments with little-to-no direction.
- Know when to ask for help.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Experience at using Google and other online resources to query technical support symptoms, identify resolutions and resolve issues.
Daily Activities Could Include:
- Escalation of support tickets from frontline engineers, using your technical knowledge to troubleshoot computer, server and end-user issues.
- Go onsite and deploy requested solutions while managing your time economically.
- Help plan, supervise, and follow-up on strategic projects.
- Write clear, detailed documentation.
Who is Blacktip®?
We're an exclusive group of dedicated IT professionals. That's it. Blacktip offers business solutions consulting, virtual CIO services, managed services, and Microsoft 365 cloud services for SMBs and mid-market organizations across the Southeast. We are passionate about our clients’ success.
We have four core values:
- Act with integrity
- Assume responsibility
- Build great relationships
- Make it better
We are an equal opportunity employer, and have a pretty decent offering:
- A fun and intellectually stimulating environment
- Automated stand-up desks (and fancy chairs)
- The latest technology and an amazing toolset to do your work
- Employee benefits (Medical, Vision, matching 401k and more)
Company website: https://www.blacktipit.com
Company address: 982 Douglas Ave, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Your privacy is our priority. Learn more: Do Not Sell My Personal Information