PRIMARY PURPOSE: Serve as liaison between the call center and the clinical teams by guiding the scheduling of appointments and ensuring proper follow up for patients needs
1. Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical and ophthalmic terminology.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism, demonstrated respect for staff and patients
- Positive and collaborative team member
- Strong organization with attention to detail
- Proficiency with utilizing computer and applicable software tools
- Knowledge of HIPAA requirements and the importance of maintaining patient confidentiality
- Management of multiple tasks occurring simultaneously
2. Guide Call Center agents on proper patient appointment scheduling
- Help Fast track urgent appointments for patients that require immediate attention
- Offer assistance to scheduling agents who are unsure of how to correctly schedule or reschedule appointments
- Coordinate communications between medical professionals for consultation and patient care follow up to ensure patients are receiving timely care.
3. Prescription Refills and Prior Authorizations
- Facilitate the approval or denial of prescription refill requests for all providers at CVP within 48 hours
- Work with insurance companies to obtain prior authorization for medications if required, and maintain follow up with patients while waiting for authorization to be complete
- Ensure accurate documentation of all prescription related activities in NextGen
- Manage eRx reports for all clinics
4. Patient Required Documentation
- Work with providers to complete required patient forms, including disability paperwork, FMLA paperwork, DMV paperwork, work excuses, etc.
- Provide copies of glasses prescriptions, contact lens prescriptions, etc to patients when requested
- Manage patient communication through the portal to individual providers, responding directly to patients when able.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum of a High School diploma or general education degree.
Experience: Previous medical office experience preferred; 1-2 years of previous ophthalmology experience required. .
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Mask required, No Vaccine requirement
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Ophthalmology: 1 year (Preferred)