Applico is the tech advisory and digital sherpa for enterprise CEOs looking to capitalize on platform opportunities by forging partnerships, investments, or acquisitions with startups. We go end-to-end from validating the opportunity, performing deal diligence & execution, to ultimately ensuring the success of the acquired startup.
Our clients are traditional enterprise CEOs and c-suites who call us their digital sherpa as they look to make their ascent to the tech summit of their industry. Our clients could climb the mountain on their own - or Applico can get them there faster and with less risk. Our team of platform experts knows where the pitfalls lie and which business models will carry organizations around the world to their peak.
We are an anti-consulting consulting company; we perform strategic advisory for our clients with a team of experienced entrepreneurs, not consultants; we deliver results, not PowerPoints.
What Applico is Looking For:
Applico is looking for a Business Designer to lead an engagement team working with CEOs and c-suites at large enterprises. The engagement team will provide strategic direction to the enterprise and then facilitate landscape research and startup analysis to determine which startup is best suited for a strategic partnership, investment or acquisition.
What the Business Designer will do:
- Lead an engagement to identify and launch a platform business
- Design and validate a platform business model with hacks and prototypes
- Work alongside the CEO of some of the biggest companies in the world
- Oversee the integration of the startup after the transaction or partnership closes
- Work closely with other cross-functional groups
- Assist in the creation of platform frameworks to further establish Applico as the thought leader in Platform Innovation
- Drive and track progress of assigned project(s)
- 7+ years of total work experience
- 3+ years as a senior operator of a tech startup, preferably a platform business, that raised over $1mm of equity capital
- 2+ years of advisory experience in a top-tier consulting firm or investment bank
- 1+ year of experience in product development, UX/UI design
- Appreciates complexities of building platform business network (experience in overcoming these challenges at platform scale is a plus)
- Excellent at servicing clients both internally & externally
- Sees the big picture and understands how work fits into overall scope of the company and client
- Strong management and communication skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher
Location & Travel
- Applico is working on a hybrid model for the foreseeable future. We provide unlimited hotdesk passes to coworking spaces all over the world.
- We require our employees to be based in one of our three hubs: SF, NYC, and Florida. We encourage employees to work wherever they can do their best work within one of those metro areas and Applico provides opportunities to team-build in-person in each of those hubs. Applico also hosts off-site company retreats at least annually.
- We have an expectation of at least 33% travel for this role in a pre-covid environment. Travel normally occurs frequently to visit clients, prospective startups, etc.