As an experienced medical assistant at Meridian Family Medicine, you will be an integral part in ensuring patient care and clear communication with coworkers is a top priority here.
Join Meridian Family Medicine and you will:
- Room and interview patients and document medical history/surgeries/social history
- Provide care to clinic patients under the direction of the provider
- Screen patient phone calls, to include taking detailed messages for providers. Route telephone encounters, patient documents, lab/imaging results, and other patient information to the correct provider in a timely manner. Provide follow-up to patient based on provider input.
- Perform medical procedures i.e. phlebotomy, excisions, I&Ds, point of care testing, EKG's, injections and immunizations to children and adults.
- Identify patient need for education on disease and provide approved education materials as directed by provider.
- Process prescription refills and provide instruction as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of examination rooms using clinical procedures and ensure exam rooms are supplied appropriately.
- Monitor supplies, rx's, medical equipment, and provider schedules.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to co-workers
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned.
Skills/Qualifications: (minimum qualifications for the job)
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant/LPN
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Skills and experience typically acquired through a minimum of one year prior experience in a clinical setting.
- Able to communicate in a professional and appropriate manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, team mindset, time management and organizational skills
- EHR, preferrable Eclinical Works experience
Job Type: Full-time
No vaccine mandate
About Meridian Family Medicine:
Meridian Family Medicine welcomes you to a healthcare practice dedicated to providing quality care for the entire family.