Holland Rescue Mission exists to declare and demonstrate the love of Jesus by providing housing and programs for the homeless and less fortunate. Our vision is to equip each person we serve to follow Jesus and live as productive citizens.
The Residential Shift Supervisor gives care and support to men who are experiencing homelessness, as they stay in a safe, welcoming, ministry-minded environment. (3rd shift; 9 pm - 7 am)
Why a Residential Shift Supervisor at Holland Rescue Mission? If you're passionate about helping others' in a practical way with a faith-focus as part of a life-giving community, this may be the place for you. Be a part of real life transformation that happens one person at a time.
- Administer all aspects of residential programs – Open Door, Pathway, and Gateway to provide a safe, decent, welcoming environment for guests where daily needs (food/shelter) are met as well as opportunities for change are offered
- Minister spiritually to guests showing them the love of Christ and the hope of the gospel which leads to real life change and ultimately housing stability
- Maintain guest and building safety by following all safety procedures and protocols in order to address disruptive and dangerous behavior
- Maintain a clean, functional, and welcoming residential environment through both guest and staff effort
- Maintain accurate guest and staff records as instructed
- Visit https://hollandrescue.org/employment/ for a complete job description, statement of faith, qualifications for employment and job application.
- Practicing believer in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Be an active member of a local evangelical church community
- Desire to meet the physical needs and spiritual needs by sharing the good news of the Gospel.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Prior experience in rescue mission work is helpful
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to administer the department’s programs, to institute and interpret program policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, volunteers, clientele, and the public.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending for long periods of time to perform job functions
- Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and volunteers
- Be able to read, write and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 35 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
COVID vaccine not mandated; paid sick time for COVID related illness.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Ministry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location