- COVID Vaccine not mandated to work at Edgewood.
- Must be a RN for this position.
- Department: Clinical Services
Exemption Status: Exempt/Salaried
Reports To: Executive Director
By application of the Nursing Process including diagnosis and treatment of responses to actual or potential health issues, this nurse will establish and maintain appropriate resident care. Responsible for the nursing process including assessment, analysis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of resident care according to Nurse Practice Act, Edgewood policy and accepted company standards of practice. Responsible for coordinating the provision of direct resident care, supervisory and instructional responsibility of staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership to the Clinical Services Department and serve as a member of the facility management team; Participate and provide input as an active member of the facility management team; Facilitate communication and collaboration among management team and the Facility Executive Director; Provide timely and accurate reports as required.
- Develop, implement, evaluate a quality program that is approved and in accordance with quality standards; recommend improvements to facility services provided by direct care staff to the Facility Executive Director to ensure the highest quality of standards for all residents.
- Incorporate direction from Executive Director and company strategic goals to refine and improve resident care.
- Provide leadership and direction to unlicensed personnel to ensure resident quality care is of the highest quality in all areas.
- Model professional behavior as set forth by the Nurse Practice Act.
Quality Nursing Care Operations
- Assess residents and analyze obtained information to develop care plans and appropriate interventions to promote wellness and health maintenance; Participate in care conferences; Complete initial Service Level Tool and maintain its administration in accordance with company procedures; Ensure Care Plans are maintained as required by regulations.
- Ensure compliance with medication administration as required by Assisted Living regulations and in accordance with company policy; Ensure compliance in regards to Infection Control Standards, Assisted Living Regulations, Company Policies and Procedures, Care Plans, Quality Assurance Standards, and Service Level Tools; Advocate for the overall safety (physical, emotional and mental health) of the residents.
- Departmental Operations
- Manage the selection, training, development and performance of all unlicensed personnel to retain a motivated, professional workforce for the company; Recruit applicants for job vacancies considering the requirements of the job and the skills/abilities of applicants; establish and communicate job responsibilities and performance expectations to assure mutual understanding of desired results; Assure all job descriptions are kept up-to-date.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing patterns and overall staff schedules that are within company approved budget.
- Assess employee performance, provide positive and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis to reinforce performance expectations; Identify training and/or development opportunities to assist employees in achieving enhanced job performance and career objectives; Develop and deliver in-service training to unlicensed personnel to include training in appropriate medication administration and delegation of resident medication and treatment as applicable.
- Maintain unlicensed personnel information to ensure up-to-date licenses and certifications in accordance with state regulations and company policy.
- Resident Relations Support
- Participate in Resident Council meetings
- Actively participate with the interdisciplinary team in care conferences for residents
- Perform assessments on all new residents upon admission and as needed, to determine interests. Modify activities accordingly
- Budget / Fiscal Management
- Provides input to annual budget process based on knowledge, skills, and abilities as required by community executive director
- Monitor department budget and assure spending is kept within the established budget
- Follow standard accounting procedures on payment approval for expenses
- Utilize corporate purchasing protocol for all department purchases
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Manage the selection, training, development and performance of assigned staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce for the company.
- Recruit and select applicants for job vacancies considering the requirements of the job, and the skills/abilities of applicants
- * Establish and communicate job responsibilities and performance expectations to assure mutual understanding of desired results
- Assess employee performance; provide constructive feedback on an ongoing basis to reinforce desired results.
- Identify training and/or development opportunities that will assist the employee in achieving enhanced job performance and/or career objectives
- Respond to resident, employee, family or guest concerns regarding department operations
- Company and Interdepartmental
- Incorporate direction from Executive Director and company strategic goals to refine and improve efficiencies.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with regard to business operations and resident privacy.
- Understand and support all aspects of resident’s rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse, through all interactions required to carry out your duties.
- Promptly report any evidence of resident abuse or violation of resident’s rights to the appropriate person.
- Support an atmosphere which promotes a homelike environment.
- Carries out delegated workplace safety activities and adheres to all company policies and practices regarding safety in the workplace.
- Uphold Edgewood Management Group’s mission and core values.
- Responsible to be knowledgeable and maintain compliance with federal, state, local regulatory requirements in department.
- Customer Service Responsibility
- Maintain a high level of customer service satisfaction.
- Participate in property activities as required to ensure resident quality care and customer service.
- Other Duties/Responsibilities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- On call responsibilities and flexible in scheduling.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervises all licensed and unlicensed personnel.
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Current state Registered Nurse licensure.
- Associate Degree from accredited institution required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Work experience (history) that demonstrates increased level of supervisory responsibility and 3 or more years of increased responsibility in the healthcare field.
- Geriatrics, Dementia and/or Assisted Living work experience preferred.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & DESIGNATIONS
- Must meet licensing/certification requirements as prescribed by city, state or federal regulations.
- On-going and/or continuing education as required by State Board of Nursing.
- Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
All employees are required to wear masks & employees have to check their temperature before every shift & entering the building.
Work Location: One location