The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for shipping outgoing products and receiving incoming products. Typical duties include:
- Breaking down incoming pallets of products and sorting them.
- Filling in receiving paperwork to properly inventory all incoming items.
- Promptly placing all items in their proper places in inventory.
- Packaging outgoing products and loading them on to vehicles.
- Keeping the area in and around the shipping/receiving department clean.
- Maintaining a courteous and professional attitude towards customers and co-workers.
This position requires basic reading, writing, and math skills. The shipper/receiver must be able to stand for the duration of the work day, and must be able to lift items weighing up to 85lbs if necessary. This position may require forklift certification.