Water Truck Driver (Entry Level CDL Driver)
Reports to: Crew Supervisor
Wage: Depends on level of experience
Who We Are?
E.R. Snell Contractor is a local, family-owned contractor with over 98 years of experience. Our focus is on new and existing road construction and repair, including asphalt paving, bridges and concrete structures.
Why Work For Us?
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Over-Time Hours.
- $2400 Retention Bonus.
- $1200 Referral Bonus.
- Make a difference and feel a since of pride in your work.
- Be apart of a crew that becomes your family.
Are You The Right Fit?
Not everyone enjoys working in the construction industry, how do you know if it is for you?
- Not afraid of manual labor?
- Have a desire to learn?
- Believe in always working safely?
- Like to be a part of a team?
- Willing to earn respect through hard work?
Keys to succeed in the position:
- Arrive to work early and ready to work.
- Work all your scheduled shifts, this is a great way to earn that overtime!
- Have a good attitude and a desire to learn. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Work your hardest and give it your best.
- Remember to always work safely.
- Be courteous to those you work with.
What will you be doing?
E.R. Snell Contractor is currently seeking a Class B CDL driver with a tanker endorsement with 3 years experience in commercial driving.
- Drive through job sites to distribute water, keeping dust down
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
This position might also be doing a variety of general labor duties to assist in the general operation of each job site. The position consists of but is not limited to the following duties:
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects;
- Shoveling and raking dirt, gravel, and asphalt;
- Excavate and fill trenches and ditches;
- Checking and maintaining grade stakes;
- Maintain a clean job site – pick up all tools and equipment, and secure job site(s) each day to eliminate potential hazards;
- Perform materials handling and storage;
- Load/unloads trucks and haul materials;
- Flagging Traffic;
- Set up and maintenance of erosion control;
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed;
The above listed duties require periods of standing, walking, climbing, stooping, and bending as well as periodic lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Great entry level CDL driving position
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Valid Class B driving license with tanker endorsement (We can help you get this endorsement)
- Full time + hours
- Must be able to work nights and weekend when required
COVID-19 vaccine not required for position.
E.R. Snell Contractor, Inc. is an EOE/drug-free workplace. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about E.R. Snell contractor or to apply online visit our website at www.ersnell.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Profit sharing
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Safety equipment provided
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Home daily
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Year round work
- Safety bonus
- Signing bonus
Trucking Driver Type:
- Commercial driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL (Required)
- Tanker Endorsement (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations