Appleton Retirement Community is seeking a part-time and full-time LPN to join their team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain an environment that achieved high quality care of residents
- Orders, set up and as needed administer medication
- Assists with the administration of physician orders. Accurately and promptly transcribes physician orders
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other nursing staff to provide support to resident support staff
- Maintains resident charting practices and procedures.
- Reports changes in resident status to the RN.
- Initiates emergency treatment as needed. Report status to RN.
- Mentor resident support employees
- Maintain departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures; report any concerns to management
- Provide leadership and direction through proper communication and assist with training and orienting new resident support employees
- Provide input to RN on employee performance
- Monitor work performance of unlicensed staff; report to RN.
- Participate in operations
- Assist with the development of clinical policies, procedures and practices
- Monitor records to ensure compliance with regulations
- Assists and supports unlicensed staff as needed
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Responds to customer needs in a timely and courteous manner. Treats customers with dignity and respect. Deals with confidential information appropriately.
Have good listening skills. Communicates in a clear and concise manner. Keeps others informed and shares information appropriately.
Maintain all confidentiality and HIPAA standards.
Suggests solutions to problems
Cooperates and puts forth a good effort to achieve the work group’s goals. Offers to assistance and guidance to co-workers. Appreciates individual differences and is willing to accept other’s opinions
Meets attendance and punctuality expectations. Follows responsibilities through to completion. Accepts responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
Uses proper body mechanics. Follows safety policies and procedures. Ensures that work areas are orderly; clean and free of hazards.
Completes assignments and duties in a timely manner. Prioritizes tasks and manages time well
Works to prevent error and to improve processes and services.
- Registered Nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which will be practicing
- One or more years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated competencies in health care management, resident and family support systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in nursing, including competency working with the senior population
- Ability to master and utilize provided electronic documentation software
- Must be able to work irregular hours, occasional weekends and evenings.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Workplace voluntary benefits
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Some uniforms provided
- Continuing education and advancement opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
- Current State Nursing License
Work from Home:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Work Location: One location