Nurse Practitioner - Adult and/or Gerontology
The CommuniCare Family of Healthcare Companies in conjunction with our newly formed Medical Practice is currently recruiting a Nurse Practitioner with a passion for delivering the highest quality care for our residents at Pebble Creek Healthcare Center, located in the Akron, OH region.
The Nurse Practitioner provides an enriched level of medical care with a goal of increasing wellness, preventing illness, and improving outcomes through early detection, wellness visits, and timely diagnosis and/or treatment. This position must function as a team member to ensure that work is accomplished, quality care is delivered, and staff/patients are educated as needed. The Nurse Practitioner is accountable to the team, the patients under his or her care, and all facility/company administration to support and carry out the mission and goals of the practice.
Job duties & responsibilities
- Medically manage patients in post-acute settings, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, residential care facilities, hospice, and home sites.
- Provide direct care to identified patients and manage behavioral patients and chronic disease patients by conducting assessments and re-checks, ordering tests, prescribing medications and treatment (under the supervision of the collaborating physician).
- Review lab work, test results and conduct family interviews and staff interviews to determine recommendations for care.
- Work with collaborating physician to determine appropriate treatment plans.
- Collaborate with primary care physicians, facility staff, and patient families.
- Assume a leadership role within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Identify/anticipate key health issues for residents.
- Educate nursing home staff, physicians, and administration.
- Complete required charting in a timely manner for submission to administrative office for billing within 24 hours of seeing the patient.
- Ensure charge tickets are coded correctly and supported by appropriate documentation in the patient chart.
- Adhere to all quality assurance initiatives and provisions.
- Participate in regular conference calls with administrative team to discuss issues, concerns, and new information.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience requirements
- Master’s in Nursing
- Active State License
- Active DEA Certification
- 2 years experience preferred
- Nursing home experience preferred
- Knowledge of coding.
- Must be knowledgeable of Administrative practices, standards of practice and state practice acts and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with team members in all positions.
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc. that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to implement them into existing practices.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.