If you are looking for an opportunity to CONTRIBUTE to someone's WELL-BEING...
If you are looking for an opportunity to STEP UP and have a POSITIVE EFFECT on the COMMUNITY you live in...
If you are looking for a CAREER OPPORTUNITY where you MAKE A DIFFERENCE in someone's life...
LOOK NO FURTHER!
With over 60 different community based settings, we have Full-Time Residence Manager positions located throughout the Rochester, Greece, Irondequoit, Gates, Chili, Churchville, LeRoy, Brockport, Hamlin, Ogden, and Henrietta Areas.
Residential Programs hours vary and are flexible enough to meet your schedule!
Lifetime Assistance Inc. has been supporting persons with developmental disabilities and their families since 1978 and with over 1500 people at over 60 different locations needing assistance daily, chances are we have the right career for you!
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. This is why the role of Residence Manager is so important. In this role you'll be joining the ranks of the many compassionate and caring individuals who provide daily support, assistance, and companionship to those right here in our community.
What would I be doing?
- The Residence Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the assigned site and for assuring quality services, which meet the needs and preferences of the individuals served.
- Responsible for the proper orientation, training, supervision and evaluation of all staff assigned, including the completion of "off hours" observations as assigned. Makes employment related recommendations.
- Maintains work schedule of regular and relief staff, assures adequate coverage of all shifts and provides emergency backup when needed.
- Provides all needed support to staff at the residence to assure that the needs and preferences of individuals and families receive proper attention.
- Coordinates training completion for residence staff. Conducts staff meetings to provide feedback, training and promote effective services.
- Responsible for coordination of comprehensive service planning and implementation of of individual program plans for each individual.
- While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct, care for, and assist the individuals we support, the employee is frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer, and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Residence Managers may be required to go to different locations depending on the needs of the agency.
Required to successfully learn and implement preventative strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting (not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief)
What experience do I need for a Residence Manager role?
- We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and one year of experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities; or Associate's Degree in a related field and three year's experience in a setting for the disabled; or a high school diploma or equivalent and five year's experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities for which one year must have been in a supervisory capacity.
AWESOME work, AWESOME(ER) benefits!
- Affordable medical and dental plans as well as a standalone vision plan!
- 288 hours of paid time off within your first year! (36 days)!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Tremendous internal growth opportunities!
- Work life balance!
- A retirement plan to include BOTH a defined contribution plan (401(a)) (agency funded) and a 403(b) retirement savings plan!
- A $500 dollar referral bonus! Because we want other compassionate and caring individuals just like you!
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Standard background checks do apply (To include but not limited to: Fingerprinting/criminal history record check, NYS Child Abuse Registry, OPWDD Staff Exclusion List, Mental Health Law 16.34, and Medicaid exclusions lists)
- Candidates must also meet LAI's Vehicle Operator Requirements, be able to transfer and move up to 50 lbs., have a reliable means of transportation, a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun!
How do I start my career at Lifetime Assistance?
Wednesdays: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm at 425 Paul Road, Rochester NY 14624.
So, if you are you looking for a career in human services, one you can be proud of, and one where you'll be part of a team of other community champions making a difference, we'd love to hear from you!
Additional questions can be directed to the Human Resources Office's main line at (585) 426-4120.
Flexible schedules available.
Lifetime Assistance Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.