Schafer Powder Coating, Indiana’s premier powder coater, located in a new facility in Whitestown (northwest suburban Indianapolis), is looking for a General Supervisor to join our team. The General Supervisor is responsible for leading a full production line that includes multiple areas (loading, powder coating, unloading, various offline tasks). The General Supervisor will provide coaching and direction to 15-20 production associates, including oversight of safety, quality, productivity, and cost goals. Effective communication and the ability to promote a positive workplace culture is paramount.
Schafer offers a competitive salary, a great benefits package, and the opportunity to develop and grow with the Company.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Coach – Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback to ensure team members understand their duties. Develop and train new employees and cross-train existing employees to strengthen the team.
· Safety – Enforce safety polices and otherwise ensure that every associate works in a safe manner.
· Quality – Maintain quality standards while also working closely with colleagues to resolve quality issues.
· Production – Meet daily production goals by effectively allocating manpower to avoid line stoppages and to enhance efficiency. Optimize use of manpower and equipment, depending on the job.
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience
· Experience leading people in a manufacturing environment
· Effective written and verbal communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work a manufacturing work schedule of 45-60 hours per week, including some Saturdays.
· Ability to adapt and overcome obstacles in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
· High learning agility to absorb large amounts of information including customer requirements, manufacturing processes, and employee skillsets.
Schafer Powder Coating has a state-of-the-art, clean, well-lit facility.
Associates must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Associates are required to stand, bend, and kneel and to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular, full-time position with paid overtime. Supervisors are expected to work 45-60 hours per week.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,000.00 - $86,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location